Dec 19, 2008

later on we'll conspire...

hello again! this Christmas season really is going by fast! we get to go to mimsie and grandpa's tomorrow and then beamee and grampee's next week - yes! i like hanging out with my relatives and friends! unfortunately, mom has had a lot of shopping to do this week, but i've been a good boy. and when we're back at home playing around the house, here's what i've been up to...

well - i'm standing up on my own!





i can do it for a while when i have something in my hand like this, but when i realize i'm doing it by myself, i usually sit down because i'm not so sure about doing it on my own quite yet. mommy thinks this is funny because usually i'm so confident and love to try new things. and i love to stand up a lot, but it's new to do it by myself and sometimes it feels weird. but like i said, when i have something in my hand and i don't quite realize what i'm doing, then i'm all about it! very tricky... :) and actually, the other day i was clapping for myself while standing up on my own, and that was fun!



i really love to dance to music too. mommy tried to get some pictures of this but it's just not as funny as in real life. i bounce back and forth with a big smile on my face and try to keep the beat. if i'm standing up, then i move my legs and hips like elvis, daddy says. i don't know who elvis is, but he sounds cool, so thank you, thank you very much...

i also love to get things out of boxes and bins, and then put things back inside. here i am in the play room peering into one of the boxes wondering if maybe there's a snack or something in there (sadly, there wasn't)...


and here i am falling off the bed! not really, daddy was holding onto my feet to ensure a soft landing, but i think this game is fun! i still have no fear of heights yet and will probably have to learn that the hard way eventually...


another one of my favorite things to do is knock over a stack of something that mommy or daddy has piled up. here are some of my favorite blocks right before i "crashed" them...

and here i am making a victorious shout afterwards!


Christmas is just around the corner, and mommy and daddy let me open my first Christmas gift last night! it was from the dwights... i knew i always liked them! aunt debbie brought it over last week and it's been under the tree waiting patiently for me, and finally i got to see it was! of course i was excited about the ribbon and paper...

and once i got it opened and realized it was a box - well that was just great! it was just what i wanted! i love boxes!! i recently started climbing them, and this one was the perfect size for that...

it's also great to bang on, which i love to do...

and especially fun to push around...

i tried to push it to the back of the tree in order to get at the plugs, but daddy caught on to me and so i just went back to playing with the box again...


as you can see, boxes can be hard work...

once i was done playing with the box, mommy told me that there was actually a toy inside the box - a playmobil noah's ark! two gifts in one! yes!!! thank you to the dwights - i'm really looking forward to playing with it! i love animals, and i love arks, and i love boxes - you guys know me pretty well. i have so much to be thankful for this Christmas and love spending time with my relatives and friends, and new toys are just a bonus! i'll be sure to think of Jesus when i play with it, since it's His birthday. i bet He liked to play with toys when He was a little boy too. :)

well, i better get back to climbing the stairs or digging in the drawers, but i'll leave you with this final picture... no explanation for this one, but beamee, i hope you're ready for me!!

1 comment:

Beamee said...

I am more than ready for you, Ben!
And so is my bathtub - I did just clean it today though.......
It is your mother that we may not be ready for!!!

Love,
Your Beamee