Apr 29, 2008

new threads...


mommy says it's what's on the inside that counts. but if you have to wear clothes, you may as well wear cute ones! my "aunt" ashley holloway apparently agrees because she bought me the cutest outfit and i wore it today - and i didn't even spit up on it! i haven't had a chance to meet ashley yet, but i like her already. :)

so... i'm getting better at sleeping at night - yahoo! the other night i actually slept for 10 hours straight! mommy thought maybe i climbed out the window in my room, but i didn't. typically i wake up about two times in the middle of the night, but i'm getting used to sleeping in my crib and staying asleep a little longer at night. i still am pretty much a disaster at taking naps during the day, but i'm going to try really hard to grow out of that soon. :)

i like being on my tummy for longer periods of time now, although i don't really like to stay put there. it seems to me that the only reason for someone to be on his tummy is so that he can crawl forward, and so i keep trying to do that but am not strong enough yet. but i sure am trying! i'm able to lift my whole middle off the ground, but that's as far as i've gotten. i'll keep you posted on how my crawling efforts are going. maybe i'll set a baby record.

another thing i really like doing is laughing. mommy and daddy can really get me going! i'm not even sure whath i'm laughing at, but it sure is hilarious! my mommy is so glad i smile and laugh a lot now because all i did for the first 6 weeks of my life was scowl and look serious and she was worried that i wouldn't fit in with my silly family. but i appear to have gotten their silly genes, and so now we're all silly together. okay, that's all to report for now. here are some pictures of my outfit and just another one of me. bye!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool "aunt"! Gotta keep you up with the latest fashions! Although...I'm not worried! I know Mommy will take care of that! Glad you like your outfit! Love you!
Love,
Ashley

Doreen Copeland said...

He just keeps getting cuter & cuter. I'm glad to hear that he's starting to sleep better. 10 hours - I am definitely envious!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ben,

I, Gabrielle, love your adorable, silly faces on some of your pictures. I think the outfit from Ashley H. is the cutest thing I've ever seen and it has some KAPOWW!!
I love you and I can't wait to see you at our beach trip.

From your sweet cousin,
Gabbee