May 4, 2012

hello there...

hello there...  i'm sam...

i was born on april 24th at 11:52pm.  i weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and was 20.5 inches tall.  nice to meet you.  :)

i had to stay in the hospital for a few days because my billiruben numbers were too high and i had jaundice.  it actually is a true blessing that i was born a few days late because my body was in that much better shape to recover after birth, and there were other reasons too why my birth date worked out just right (even though mom and dad thought they were ready for me earlier, it all worked out just perfectly!).  my brothers, ben and luke, came to visit me in the hospital.  they really liked momma's moving bed!



here's what i looked like in the hospital under those funny blue lights with my silly sunglasses on.  momma didn't like that i had to lay under there for so long, because she wanted to be holding me all the time, but i took the chance to relax and get a nice suntan before heading home.  i was a really good baby the whole time...


finally on the last day at the hospital (it was really only three days, but it seemed like forever! to momma) my brothers got to hold me.  they really liked checking me out and seeing how small i was!


beamee and grampee and mimsie and grandpa were all there too.  they mostly took care of ben and luke so that momma and daddy could take care of me.  we were so thankful to have them!!

here's an "official" picture of me all wrapped up at the hospital on my first day of life.  ahhhh...


and since i'm clearly a little bit late getting some pictures of myself up here, i will finish with an overload of pictures so that you are all satisfied until the next time we update (which may be a while!).  momma loves my little face and so she snapped a bunch of me the other day at home.  also, we should have mentioned earlier that if you wanted to know what i looked like, you could just refer to pictures of luke as a newborn, because that's me too.  on day one, people thought i looked more like ben (which luke did too on his first day), but i already now look a lot like luke and have many similarities to him too, so we'll have to see if that stays as time goes by!  anyway, here you go...





and finally one with my eyes open!  i sleep a lot still and don't really open up too much, so that's why i usually have them closed in all the other pictures.  plus when my eyes are open and i'm awake, momma is smooching on me and doesn't have time to take pictures...  :)



and i forgot that i do have a few more of me and my bros - cute!!  they sure do love to hold me...


excuse me, miss, could i get a beverage...


and this one is of ben seeing that i might be cold, and so he covered me up with a blanket - ahhh!  we're all going to get along just fine...


that's all for now.  thanks for checking in.  bye!!

1 comment:

laura capello said...

congratulations! no one told us yet. (will have to kick bev in the shins!)

xoxo,
aaron, laura, griffin, darwin, and emerson