Aug 27, 2010

our august...

hi everyone. luke here, to give a quick update on our august (so far). first up, a little game of - - name that baby!
round one...



how do you think you're doing so far?
round two...

and one more chance...
round three...



as you can imagine, major deja vu for momma! i am shown first in each set of pictures, and that's ben second. we really don't look that much alike if you look closely, but momma and daddy sure can whip up some chubby, bald, cute little boys, huh? :) i had my first swings at the park last week and sure did like it! we went again today, and i'm really excited about getting old enough to do some new things like that. you can see how quickly momma settled into second-child-syndrome because she wouldn't dream of bothering with shoes for me, let alone socks or pants even.

we also went to the kolache and donut shop last weekend (as ben has posted on in the past). i was really good and even got to have my first donut!!


okay, i didn't really get to eat it, but i was really good in my carseat while everyone else chowed down in front of me. i know my time is coming. (cute bus shirt on ben courtesy of mimsie and grandpa!)


we also went out to eat dinner last week at momma and daddy's favorite local italian restaurant and i was so good, yet again, in my carseat while they ate some yummy food. i'm a pretty happy baby...

but i do still get toted around in my carseat a lot while momma runs us around on life's errands and outings and sometimes that does get a little irritating...


i try to be good, though, and almost always am. and usually i do it with a big smile. ben, on the other hand, continues to be a little booger a majority of the time. "who, me?" he says...


he somehow manages to find his way into momma's heart to melt it every day, though, so she's still keeping him around. he can flash a good smile, too, and also knows when to say, "momma, you're beautiful." but i've also seen him pull this jedi-mind-trick move a time or two as well... "momma, you will not list me on ebay... you will not list me on ebay..."


actually, momma knows if she did that, aunt elaina would just bid on him, anyway, so she'd just as soon keep him under close eyes herself. who knows what kind of mischief he'd get into up in indiana with those girls all day! :)
anyway, we're doing good and truckin' right along. i'm four months old now and like to chew on toys, of course, and i've started teething, but i pretty much still just eat and sleep and make googly eyes at momma. i love to watch ben and see what he's doing, and one of my favorite parts of the day is when daddy comes home from work and i see him and remember that he exists all over again. good stuff. ben has been having fun using his imagination in all kinds of cool ways and he will try to post more on that in the next couple of days (or longer, hard to say really). thanks for checking in. bye!!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I won name that baby, I knew which was you Luke :) I would sooo be the highest bidder on ebay for Ben, just try it, I would love to have him. Or at least come visit - anytime.