Jan 22, 2010

my second birthday...

so - - - i'm officially 2 years old now!! yahoo!!!! yesterday was a super day and i had a lot of fun celebrating with momma, daddy, and others. here's how it went down... this is what i looked like first thing in the morning (after waking up in my new, big bed, which i will write about next time!)...



daddy had a big meeting at work and promised to come home early, but i got to open a few presents from other people first thing in the morning with mom...


i got a cool monkey/tree/balancing game from aunt aimee, uncle greg, and gabrielle, and a fun car wash/gas station from beamee and grampee (since we both love car washes so much!). here i am sending my yellow camaro through the car wash (with my birthday hat on, which i wore on my own free will for most of the day, and the cool monkey tree in the side-view)...



i wanted to call beamee right away and talk to her on my birthday morning...


later on, momma took me to an indoor, inflatable play place - which was awesome!!! i had a blast and pretty much laughed and smiled the whole time! it was even cooler because aunt debbie came with us, and my friend madeleine and her mom, miss brenda, met us there! the pictures aren't great, but you can see what a fun time i had...






we went to get ice cream after that, which is what i requested for lunch (of course), and then i had a good long nap after all that exercise! daddy was home when i woke up, and we went to ride the city bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was so cool, and it was the perfect day for it - sunny and in the 70's! here are some pictures of our trip...



this is a close-up of my eye stinger, which i got from bonking my head on my bed before nap-time (apparently i'm not quite used to it yet!)...




after that we had burgers and fries for dinner then returned home for a second helping of ice cream (which i again requested) and homemade chocolate chip cookies (i LOVE chocolate chips and helped mom make these cookies!). this was my official birthday "cake" so i blew out my candles (but still don't like the bday song and wouldn't let them sing it to me!)...


and then after my bath i finally got to open my present from mom and dad - well worth the wait! it's a wooden parking garage - complete with two ramps and an elevator (both of which i love in real life and now love playing with in mini versions)...


here i am with another matching playset i got from miss brenda and madeleine, which is a rescue center (ambulance and police station). i am having a ton of fun playing with these and enjoy role playing with all my vehicles and special buildings of my "city" - cool!


thank you to everyone for my birthday gifts (mom says i even have a few more in the mail - bonus!!). and thank you for all the birthday wishes. it was really a great day, and although i must say i don't feel all that different, i sure did enjoy the special treatment, the day of fun, and the two helpings of ice cream!! i think i'm going to like this two-years-old stuff and since i already have several tantrums under my belt, i'm already off to a head-start! i also know my colors, numbers (0-10), quite a few letters, most shapes, and how to say big words like: malachite, container, caterpillar, and mint chocolate chip. it should be smooth-sailing from here! :) but don't let this cute face fool you...


i'll be sure to show TWO who's boss!

No comments: