Jan 13, 2009

more christmas fun!

hello again! sorry for the late follow-up on the rest of our christmas celebrations. it's already been a busy (but good) 2009, but i wanted to share pictures of christmas with daddy's family too! of course we had a great time, and i got even more cool toys. because i got so many toys for jesus's birthday, i wonder who is going to get all the toys on my birthday? hmmm...

in any case, i will always think of my relatives when i play with these toys. here's one of my favorites now - band instruments from grandpa! he knows how much i like to bang on things, so he got me a drum - with bonus instruments inside! this one is a lot of fun and fits right in since mommy and daddy and i like music so much. ..


here i am peering in to see if maybe there's any snacks inside (sadly, no)...


although i got some drumsticks in my band set, i found my mom's cooking spoon to be fun as well. here i am testing out the acoustics on a gift waiting to be unwrapped...
and inside that big gift was a cool animal-ball-roller-coaster thing - very fun! as you can see, i didn't really like it that much, though... (kidding!)

here's grandpa playing with me...

and mimsie got me a neat activity table too (not pictured). and lots of other cool stuff... here i am chewing on a rubber longhornie (as opposed to a rubber duckie) - yum...

no comment...


here's what i look like right before sneezing...

and just a general shot of me from the side... mommy thought this one was especially cute since i resemble a chipmunk, although my cheeks are actually empty!

another close-up of a funny face...

here i am playing the recorder (which came in the drum) the other day! mommy practiced with me until i could do it myself (about 3 minutes) and now i love to make music and sometimes even dance to it at the same time! i like this instrument a lot...
thanks to everyone for all my fun gifts! i am so blessed to have a loving family and really had fun with everyone over the holidays. and now i'm pretty set for my birthday, so i'm just asking for lots and lots and lots of cake... and ice cream! :)
now that christmas is over and things are getting back to normal around here, i like to help mommy around the house. i'm really good at dusting because i give it all i've got...

i also have been walking a lot! crazy! i especially like to walk back and forth between mommy and daddy, but i still do a lot of crawling too. i'm pretty fast on the ground, so if i need to get anywhere in a hurry (like to the dishwasher before mommy closes it or to the kitchen if someone's in there having a snack) then i just crawl. i'll keep you updated on the progress i make over the next few weeks...
otherwise, mommy and me are back at it during the day, and i have loads of fun with daddy in the evenings and weekends. we saw the dwights the other day, which was fun, and i think we'll see them more this weekend! i've been working on my noises but am not speaking any official words yet, other than dada and mama (i'll just stick to typing them since that's easier). i love emptying the contents of drawers onto the floor. i like kitchen utensils a lot. books are great. i'm eating all kinds of foods - almost everything that mommy and daddy can eat! breads are my favorite but i'm still good with veggies and especially fruits.
okay, enough about me. i'll leave you with a few more pictures of me goofing around... and p.s. my shirt is red, even though it may look a little pink online. it is definitely red. :) bye!

No comments: