Jul 16, 2008

two more milestones...

well, i'm almost 6 months old now, and so i've decided it's time to take on some new challenges. i started sitting up with help a while ago, but i was pretty wobbly at first. falling on my face was fun and all (and luckily it never hurt since i've got some padding around the edges!), but it was time to be a big boy. so after i endured that 17 hours in the car, i decided to sit up on my own. on july 5, i technically was sitting up for the first time, and by now it's pretty much my favorite thing to do.


mommy can't believe how much i'm growing and developing already, but she does think this is pretty cool because we can play more together - and when we're at the store, i can sit up in the front of the cart instead of being pinned in my car seat! yes!! :) i love my new view of things and i pick up anything that is set in front of me and put it right in my mouth. woohoo!






my other big news is that i've finally started eating solids! i've actually been ready for a long time, but mommy kept putting it off because she was dreading the mess and things kept coming up. but once we got back from NC, she finally let me have at it. of course i would have rather started with ice cream or at least some pudding, but instead she said i'm supposed to start with rice cereal for atleast a little while. as usual, at first i wasn't quite so sure...


but after a few bites, i was a pro! i had been looking forward to eating for so long and was ready to dig right in and help myself!


mommy says i'm not really ready for that yet, and so i let her help me, but it sure was fun. hopefully i can move on from the liquid cardboard soon and get on to the real stuff. :) i'll keep you posted on how that's going.


okay, that's all for now. lots of new things to keep practicing! bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Ben! Love your new toys, too - good choice! Thanks for the update, and keep up the good work!

Love you,
SELT