May 22, 2008

four months old...

wow - i'm four months old already - i can't believe it! and mommy and daddy especially can't believe it. sometimes mommy says it feels like four years... i'm not sure what she means by that... in any case, i had a doctors appointment a few days ago and i weigh 17 lbs 4 oz! whoa. i'm 25 1/2 inches long, which is pretty tall for my age, but still, that apparently is a lot to weigh at four months old. check me out!




mommy is threatening to replace one to two of my meals each day with a slim fast shake, but that doesn't sound like a good idea to me.


we're going to try some rice cereal instead, and as long as i keep impressing them with my development and smarts, i think i'll be okay. mommy says the only real bummer about it is that it's hard to find clothes that fit me. my torso is really long, and my tummy is a little chunky, but my legs are really short. so it's hard to find things that really fit well all over. luckily since it's 400 degrees here in texas already, i can just wear a diaper most of the time when we're at home anyway.

this weekend we are going to visit the Little Matthys Ranch in Giddings, TX. i'm really looking forward to that! lots of people from my daddy's family will be there and i'm especially excited about meeting all my new little cousins. we'll have great fun, and i'm sure there will be some stories to tell after, so stay tuned next week! and in the meantime, happy memorial day to all of you! i'm not sure what that even means, except that daddy will get to stay home on monday instead of go to work, so i'm in favor of it. bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep growing, Ben!! Looks like you are a UT football player in the making! I know your Dad would love the thought of it, but we'll see if your mom lets you play :)

We miss you and can't wait to see you!

Love,
Aunt Aimee