Nov 30, 2010

i'm thankful for...


okay, i almost missed the boat on getting this thanksgiving post done, but i really wanted to share!

to celebrate thanksgiving and focus on what we're thankful for as a family, we each wrote down one thing we were thankful for each day in november. we did this at dinner time, and actually momma did all the writing down. and technically, she spoke on luke's behalf, but i did think of my "thankfuls" (which is what i called them) each night, all on my own. the very first day, mom and dad explained what being thankful is all about and what kind of things we might be thankful for, and then i took it from there.

here are my thankfuls from each day in november leading up to the 25th, in my very own words...

1. school buses
2. daddy's coin (a special coin daddy gave to me that i had played with all day)
3. beamee
4. nutella, peanut butter, condiments
5. yummy nests momma made
6. trip to pumpkin patch, especially ice cream there
7. ice cream (we went to baskin robbins as a family)
8. new car (toy version)
9. the little jelly beans that we got
10. mint chocolate chip ice cream
11. black crayon
12. grampee
13. getting to make beer bread (which i did in my pretend play, not even in real life that day!)
14. me being good in church (this was also daddy's thankful that day!)
15. eating this soup and grapes and bread - all of those things
16. looking at the moon and looking for ozzie (the neighbor's dog - i like to see him outside playing in their yard)
17. me having a turnover... and the mustard and honey... and you (momma) putting some salad in my bowl... and doing the airplane at the el salido park
18. for making T's (i wrote a bunch of letter T's all on my own this day)
19. for you (momma) making those cookies
20. those sweet potatoes and steak
21. playing on the playground at church in the playroom... and having a cookie
22. these steak sandwiches... pushing that black thing over the yellow ones (in the backyard)
23. that chocolate that i had... and zebra... and monkey... (two animals we learned about that week) and daddy painting (the back deck)
24. momma playing with me while i was in the bathtub
25. maggie dog playing with me

i would write down luke's too, but they pretty much boiled down to: momma holding me, daddy holding me, ben making me laugh, pacifier.

if i didn't specifically mention your name in my thankfuls, please know that i am still very thankful for you, of course. beamee and grampee have just really been on my mind a lot lately because momma tipped me off that we're riding on an airplane to their house for Christmas, and so i pretty much think about that and look forward to that every single day now. we'll be starting our advent calendar tomorrow so hopefully that will help me understand that we still have a little ways to go before Christmas, so i can't exactly start packing my bags yet. but it will be here soon!!!

Thanksgiving was great because of all the good food and all the nice and fun relatives i got to see (on mimsie's side and grandpa's side - yahoo!) and Christmas will be great too. we have our tree up already with lots of sparkling lights, which i love. we will be making ornaments this week, so i will report back soon on how that goes and other things that we have been up to.
hope your Thanksgiving was good. and a special (although late on here) happy birthday message to both Gabrielle and Lauren!! see you soon!!!!!!!!

and oh man the biggest P.S. ever - check out our walls in the picture above - that is our kitchen!!! without the flowered wallpaper!!! that is definitely what momma is thankful for. :)

No comments: