Oct 21, 2008

9 months old...

hello again - well, i'm 9 months old + 1 day. i've finally been alive longer in the "outside world" than i was in the "inside" and i think i like this place after all. i'm a little confused, though, because i was pretty sure my name was "ben", but lately mom keeps calling me "no"... hard to say...

we've been up to the usual stuff around here. mom's been busy around the house, which is great because it gives me more opportunities to play with things i'm not supposed to. here are some things i do during a typical day...

this is me crawling through/under my jumperoo in order to get at a springy door stopper. whoever invented those things definitely had babies in mind at the time.
and here i am in the playroom reading some books. by reading, of course, i mean eating. paper is really good, plus it's a source of fiber, so that should make mom happy. mail is actually my favorite type of paper - either envelopes or flyers.


and here i am in mommy's closet getting busted while trying one of her shoes. these are also a good snack. closets are one of my new favorite places to play because they're new territory for me and there's all kinds of great toys inside, including all these shoes, plus clothes, hampers, shoe boxes, etc. closets are great. anytime mommy or daddy forgets to close a closet door, i think "jackpot!"

this is me after i've gotten bored with the upstairs and i'm trying to go downstairs. i don't think daddy installed this thing correctly, though, because i can't get it open and i can't get through. i'll have to ask him to take another look at that...

daddy got to go to the UT football game last saturday, so i took mommy on a date. we went to barnes and noble and listened to music. here i am with the headphones on, eating the cord. dates with mommy are fun, but she had to drive and pay even though the boy is normally supposed to do that.

well, that's all for now. i had a doctor's visit yesterday for my well-check, and he said i was "perfect" - that's a quote. i had to get a flu shot in my leg and i didn't even cry one bit! i am tough. i won't mention the tears that came later when they drew blood for the labs, however. they even took it out of my arm just like they would an adult - yikes! not cool. mommy held my hand and daddy gave me kisses later, though, so it turned out okay.

gotta go. bye!

No comments: